Saturday, July 23, 2016

Jeanne Styczinski's Charming Counting Books

Recently, I had the great pleasure of meeting the very talented artist and author Jeanne Styczinski at a writing group. Jeanne was a kindergarten teacher for many years and her knowledge of and connection with children of this age is immediately apparent when reading her work. Her counting book Papa, How Does the Sun Shine? connects nature facts with whimsy in a patterned, rhyming read aloud that I can't wait to share with my own students. Her art work evokes Eric Carle while also possessing a unique humor. I can't wait for her upcoming release  Who Will Be My Friend? which she shared a sneak peak at in the Writer's Group. Jeanne's work is a real find for preschool and kindergarten teachers. Her website is: http://jeannekaypublishing.com/ .

.


No comments:

Post a Comment