Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Books

In school this week, I have been sharing holiday stories with my students. We all have our favorites, and I'm hoping that you will share some of yours here through comments. One of my all time favorites is Christmas in the Trenches by John McCutcheon. It's set in 1915 and describes a special Christmas Eve shared by British and German troops on the front lines. It's a moving story and one many children have never heard before. We start the lesson with a Power Point providing a historical context. Then, I read the book. Afterwards, we watch a video clip in which the author and singer, McCutcheon, shares the inspiration for the story and song as well reactions to it. This is a wonderful holiday tale.

Now, please do take a moment to share your favorite holiday story here.

 
A royalty free image.

No comments:

Post a Comment