Monday, August 1, 2022

Enchanted by Encanto

My son told me the movie Encanto is delightful. But, as I tend to prefer to read or listen to watching, I downloaded the audiobook on Overdrive. Sometimes, you hear something you need to hear when you need to hear it. The message of Encanto is that each of us have special gifts. This is an important message for any parent to hear; that our children are unique and should each be celebrated for their unique selves. As a parent, sometimes we want all of our children to have the same special moments and achievements. Celebrating one is not diminishing another, but this can be easily forgotten. I think about the Manning brothers. One of the brothers, had a neck condition which prevented him from playing football professionally. I imagine this must have been crushing for him at first. I like to imagine that though the football gods didn't smile at him, life did in other ways. His son is now a highly recruited quarterback. My point is that we have must see and celebrate our children as they are. This was an important message for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment